Sunday, October 5, 2008

A day in London




We had two nights and 1 day to spare after arriving in London from Croatia. We were staying at a hotel in London near St Mary’s hospital and Paddington Station (in well known Sussex gardens) We spent the day in a Laundromat (morning) and the afternoon at the British museum checking out the Elgin marbles (not the big round testicular objects I had always imagined). I think I got this idea from the tour guides in Athens years ago who were very resentful of Lord Elgin’s pillaging.

In the evening we went to see the The Lion King. We had good seats and were able to appreciate the wonderful staging and costuming and the energy of the performance. Nevertheless I don’t think it was my cup of tea. Not much of a story line and no memorable music. Still I know most people enjoy it very much and it is very successful so my opinion doesn’t count for much.

Thursday morning saw us on the move again on the Heathrow Express on our way to Madrid.

No comments: